Monday 18 December 2006

A busy year

A knitting forum post asked "how many projects in 2006?"

I checked my photofiles, and discovered that it's over 30 items, a couple of which are still "on the needles" or OTN.

Several were quite time consuming (3 baby shawls and the intarsia jumper) while others were a bit quicker (baby items or novelty yarn scarves)
My New Year's resolution is to keep track of what I have made, also to make a note of my spending on yarn. I need to decrease my *stash substantially, not to increase it!
*stash = large amount of yarn waiting to be knitted, not knowing what said yarn is going to be made into, or who for.
* Nominated stash = slightly smaller amount of yarn that is going to be used soon, I have the pattern ready, and I know who it is for.

Here are a few other items I made that I am quite pleased with. Unfortunately they are all gifts, so nothing for me recently!! Scarves have been quite popular this year, but I don't think we have had a cold snap yet.



From top left:
Pink baby dress in 4ply
Blue beaded scarf in King Cole Anti-tickle DK
A very attractive but easy to knit pattern, designed by a forum member
Scarf in Opal sock yarn - colour "Rainbow"
4mm needles
One ball of this striking yarn made a long snuggly scarf
Lightweight scarf in Kaalund yarns Enchante
Colour - Taipan - a pretty mix of rust, yellow and green in muted tones. Knit on 2mm needles !!!
I just cannot get these to line up in a straight line!!! I guess practice makes perfect, so keep looking out for better posts!!!

No comments: