Tuesday 29 May 2007

Still stashalong-ing!!

I've been really good - had another sort out and tidy up of my yarns, and have decided that the only thing I may need to buy is baby yarn. And that's not buying for me - it will be for gifts, so it's not the same!!

I have 3 babies due towards the end of the year (not personally) so will make shawls and layettes for each of them. I know I have enough white DK for 2 shawls, but may make a lemon one too. I'll decide nearer the due dates in case anyone hints as to what colour they want.
It's also ages since I made a teeny aran jumper, so a few of those would be fun to do as well.
When the first big lace project is finished I am going to complete the christening gown that is nearly finished - I just need to sew in the sleeves, sew up the hat and make another bootee.
Then line it and sew on oodles of beads!!!

All of my laceweight yarn is now stored in a big plastic box in the wardrobe, and I'm currently knitting 3 different items, all in laceweight, but I can choose what to knit depending on my mood, or how long I can spend on it. Plus only one of these is really portable. Pics may follow on the next instalment.

I also want to set aside one evening per week for crochet - I have started a big throw for the sofa in velvet flake in a cream colour. It's beautifully soft, and a very easy pattern, I'd like to finish this before my visitors arrive in August.

No comments: